Thursday, July 2, 2009

All the world's a stage??

Over 15 years!

Thats probably how long i've been associated with being on the stage in the context of public speaking!

But each time I address the audience, there is an element of stage fear that encompasses my existance. I'm quite sure I shud've gotten rid of it by now but no - doesnt happen.

Some details:

1. The first inter-class debate I took part in was disastrous. I didnt get past the first line and gave up mid-way with an inexcusable "Cant speak anymore. Sorry!".

2. The first song I sang on stage got me choking twice. Despite winning the competition eventually, I was less happy and more nervous till at least 2 hours after the announcement of results.

3. My first inter-school debate got me the maximum applause of my life from an audience constituted by unknowns.

4. In college I think I did more public speaking than anything else -I'd say at least 4 months per year excluding holidays.

Its been 3 yrs now since I addressed a resonably large audience. And on Wednesday, when we had to make a 5 minute presentation in a class of 90, I felt choked thrice.

Talking about unlearning things and relearning them! Life begins here again....

No comments:

Post a Comment